Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Relish, Feast or Famine


January 7 ,2012
Can it be done? Not eating out for a whole year? I'm kind of nervous about this new experiment. 
Juggling working schedules, a baby and a seven-toed cat. In theory of course but it always seems like there isn’t enough time in the day. Will it be like working out. It sucks for a few weeks but after sometime you looking forward to being soar, getting sweating, beating your last best time or mastering a yoga pose.
For the past week I’ve been asking everyone what would they do with this challenge. And many believe that it just can not be done with how taxed we are for time. Time isn’t my only fear. What will I cook. I only know a few dishes and my husband doesn’t have much of a palette. Also meal planning hasn’t been my strong suit.
The reason I’m even trying, what seems like the impossible, is for Charlie. I want for him a home cooked meal around the dinner table. I didn’t really have this growing up. Dont get me wrong, Mom cooked but this habit grew less and less as I got older. I can’t remember what age I was when we had our last family dinner.
Also a prayer of thanks makes the food taste better. My husband and I have been doing this since the days of dating. When it’s blessed it’s best.
Well more to come. Next post will be a list of fears, questions and wondering of unknowns. Also a review of guidelines that we are going to follow.
I think I will also need to see if I need any new kitchen equipment.
Not eating out for a year, starts now!

No comments:

Post a Comment