Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One Month Down!


February 2, 2012

After a month of figuring out what worked, here is what I have discovered.

1. I tried using E-mealz. With the help of Groupon my subscription was free! Their program gives you weekly meal plans that have the shopping list divided into areas of the store and easy recipes to assemble. This was a good frame work to use to help get me started. I made the mistake of switching plans and I'm not happy with the meal plans. So they give me a start but I combine it with additional recipes.

2. What store do prefer to shop? What makes them different or the same? Where do I get the best quality, price, experience and variety?
So far I've gone to:
Whole Foods
Rainbow
Cub
Lunds
Super Target

I still need to try:
Byerly's
Kowalskis
Costco


3. Not all food is the same. This little girl illustrates my point perfectly.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/exBEFCiWyW0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/exBEFCiWyW0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

4. I'm not taking pictures of dishes that don't workout. Maybe this is a mistake. So far I've only had a few flops.

Posts to come...

1.Where is the food. I know, I know. I'm on it. I will share the recipes and photos of all the dishes I've made that have been worth keeping in rotation.

2. Grocery store audit.

3. My kitchen isn't user friendly.

4. Baby food than not only is better for baby but cheaper too!

5. Here are other our Experiments in 2012.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment